Latest DW Spectrum IPVMS Includes Cloud Management Service
The new DW Cloud service allows administrators to login to their servers from anywhere and easily invite and manage system users.
CERRITOS, Calif. — Digital Watchdog (DW), an industry leader in digital recorders, surveillance cameras and related management software, announces the release of the latest build of DW Spectrum IPVMS.
Version 3.0 has been built on a new platform featuring a completely revamped user interface (UI), with a cleaner and simpler user experience, dynamic playback functions including an adjustable video buffer and an embedded browser that makes it possible to use other security management tools within the DW Spectrum UI, according to the company.
DW Spectrum v3.0 also introduces a beta version of the new DW Cloud service. This feature allows administrators to login to their servers from anywhere and easily invite and manage system users using only an e-mail address and password.
DW says the Cloud service offers a secure and convenient alternative to complex port forwarding and intricate network configurations, allowing secure access to an unlimited number of networks and configurations from a convenient webpage.
DW Cloud also allows admin users to create customized user roles and manage hundreds of thousands of users and sites from a secure interface.
“We have always said that DW Spectrum is ‘built for users’ and version 3.0 represents a renewed commitment to that pledge,” says Mark Espenschied, Director of Marketing, Digital Watchdog. “Administrators and users will discover new usability and convenience for user management, video management, live monitoring and the instant searching of recorded video.”
New Features in DW Spectrum IPVMS:
- New Desktop Client UI and Framework. Newly revamped desktop client software for Windows, Mac and Ubuntu Linux
- Custom User Role Management. Administrators can now create custom roles and share layouts and custom groups of users and hardware.
- New Windows Installer. Makes setup of local or cloud-connected systems as easy as possible.
- Upgraded Mapping Function. Users can overlay alarms and cameras on a map embded within the interface, for a more accurate and synchronized monitoring experience.
- New Server Storage Database. Increases performance of server archive management.
- View Archive from Deleted Cameras. Allows users to see archives for deleted cameras that still have footage in a storage archive.
- DW Cloud (Beta). Connect your system to DW Cloud to login and manage your systems from anywhere and share access to your system.
- View Web Pages in the Desktop Client. Users can add, view, and interact with URLs in the Desktop Client.
The DW Spectrum IPVMS updates automatically in systems where previous versions are already installed.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!