Allegion Launches New Modular Cylindrical Lock Series
The Schlage ALX Series cylindrical grade 2 lock is an evolution of the earlier AL Series, which was based on Walter Schlage’s first commercially sold lock.
CARMEL, Ind. — Allegion, a provider of security products and solutions, announces the launch of the Schlage ALX Series.
The ALX Series cylindrical, grade 2 lock is an evolution of the earlier AL Series, which was based on Walter Schlage’s first commercially sold lock, the A button lock, according to the company.
The launch of the new lock comes as Schlage, the Allegion brand home to the ALX Series, is celebrating the year of its 100th anniversary.
“For 100 years, Schlage has provided advanced security solutions for homes and businesses, growing from a small start-up to a global brand,” says Brad Sweet, commercial marketing leader for Allegion. “From the first A Series push-button lock pioneered by Walter Schlage in 1920 to the Schlage ALX Series today, our passion for mechanical door hardware is rooted in security and steeped in innovation.”
Born from a modular design, Allegion says the Schlage ALX Series creates new and innovative ways to order, configure and utilize a grade 2 lock. “X Factor” features include:
- FleXible buying options — purchase configured or as separate chassis, function and lever kits
- Function fleXibility — patent pending modular chassis design lets you create the lock you need on site and change functions in the future as rooms are repurposed
- MaXimum utility — one-chassis-fits-all function kit options and cores to minimize inventory
- EXtreme installation simplicity — no loose parts and little or no need to adjust for door thickness
- EXpansive lever offering — 10 designs and a full range of key system support, including all Schlage as well as five competitive cylinder formats
- EXtra functionality — field-reversible Vandlgard to non-Vandlgard lever engagement
- EXceptional durability — premium features like grade 1 compression springs and a stainless steel latchbolt
- EXtended life — the deep-drawn spindle has five points of lever engagement to help minimize droop or wobble
“Thoughtful design is evident in the ALX Series. We see the modularity, durability and security features as building on the best of Schlage innovation. We’re excited about this lock and committed to offering every possible configuration,” says Reyn Parsons, vendor relations for Security Lock Distributors, a nationwide Master Wholesale Distributor of Schlage Locks.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!