Hats Off to SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship Winners
A dozen 2020 awardees will receive $6,650 to use toward continuing education and professional development courses, among other uses.
SILVER SPRING, Md. — The Security Industry Association (SIA) has selected 12 recipients for the inaugural SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship — a program developed by the SIA Women in Security Forum designed to further educational opportunities and promote advancement for a diverse security workforce.
Through this new scholarship — open to SIA members and student members — each awardee will receive $6,650 to use toward continuing education and professional development courses, conferences or webinars, SIA program offerings, repayment of student loan debt and/or other academic or education programs.
“The SIA Women in Security Forum continues to break new ground, inspire me and many others and provide unique opportunities for the widest spectrum of people possible to thrive in this field through initiatives like this new scholarship offering,” says SIA CEO Don Erickson. “We congratulate this talented and historic first class of SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship winners and look forward to celebrating their many accomplishments to come.”
The winners for the 2020 SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship are:
- Ryane Burke, partner marketing and events manager, Identiv
- Margurie Evans, SIA student member; event security lead, Phoenix Suns
- Antoinette King, key account manager – end user, Axis Communications
- Kavya Madhusudhan, senior project engineer, Allegion
- Erin Mann, customer experience and strategy marketing manager, multifamily, Allegion Canada
- Daphne Navarro, SIA student member
- Sheethal Rao, mechanical engineer, Allegion
- Jenna Rolfe, SIA student member; junior readiness and security policy officer, Global Affairs Canada
- Joneka Russell, security offer, Allied Universal
- Holly Sanson, marketing manager, ADT Commercial
- Kerri Sutherland, human resources business partner, Axis Communications
- Rachel Wyatt-Swanson, director of business development, Cherokee Nation Security & Defense
The honorees were selected with the help of SIA’s Scholarship Selection Committee — a group comprised of volunteers from the SIA Women in Security Forum and SIA’s Human Resources Committee.
SIA’s Women in Security Forum works to engage all security professionals to promote, recruit and cultivate the leadership of women for a more inclusive and diversified industry. The forum’s key efforts and activities — in addition to the scholarship — include the SIA Progress Award, which celebrates individuals who advance opportunities and pave the way to success for women in the security industry; a quarterly virtual education series; collaborative projects with other organizations that seek to empower women in the security and technology fields; sponsorship of the Women in Biometrics Awards, which recognize distinguished female leaders in the biometric identity and security industry; thought leadership opportunities; and engaging networking and professional growth events.
The SIA Women in Security Forum is open to all employees of SIA member companies; learn more and get involved here.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!
Leave a Reply