ASIS Int’l Appoints 60th President
Dave N. Tyson will serve as the 2015 president of ASIS Int’l.
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – ASIS Int’l has named announce Dave N. Tyson, CPP, as its 2015 president.
As ASIS’ 60th president, Tyson will succeed Richard E. Widup, Jr., CPP, who will become ASIS chairman of the board in 2015.
Both Tyson and Widup will also serve on the Board of Directors’ Board Management Committee, which directs the activities between meetings of the full board. The full 2015 ASIS Board Management Committee is comprised of five people:
- President: Dave N. Tyson, CPP, Senior Director, Global Information Security, Business Process and Technology, SC Johnson & Son Inc.
- President-elect: David C. Davis, CPP, Senior Manager, Sector Security, Northrup Grumman
- Treasurer: Thomas J. Langer, CPP, Vice President Security, BAE Systems, Inc.
- Secretary: Richard E. Chase, CPP, PCI, PSP, Chief Security Officer and Vice President-Security, Safety, and Environmental Health, General Atomics
- Chairman of the Board: Richard E. Widup, Jr., CPP, Associate Director, Global Corporate Security, North America, Mead Johnson Nutrition
The office of the Secretary was filled through an election by the Board of Directors on Sept. 29 at the ASIS International 60th Annual Seminar and Exhibits, held in Atlanta.
Two new members were elected in August to serve on the Board of Directors, and will serve a three-year term (2015-2017). They are:
- Jaime P. Owens, CPP, Security Branch Supervisor, Autoridad Del Canal De Panama
- John A. Petruzzi, Jr., CPP, Vice President Enterprise Security Operations, Time Warner Cable
The following board member was elected to a second term:
- Darryl R. Branham, CPP, Director Global Security, Avnet Inc.
The following board members will continue to serve on the 2015 ASIS Board of Directors:
- Christina Duffey, CPP, Vice President Operations, Paragon Security
- Godfried Hendriks, CPP, Managing Director and Consultant, GOING Consultancy
- Richard F. Lisko, CPP, Vice President Business Development, Allied Barton Security Services
- Joseph H. McDonald, CPP, PSP, Chief Security Officer, Switch Communications Group
The newly elected Board will assume their positions on Jan.1, 2015.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!