Nortek Sales Dip in Q2 of Fiscal 2016
Net Sales dropped 2.7% year-over-year to $685.1 million.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Nortek released its financial report for the second quarter of fiscal 2016 ending July 2.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Net sales decreased 2.7% to $685.1 million; that number was $703.9 million this time last year.
- GAAP operating earnings were $52.8 million, compared to $34.7 million in the second quarter of 2015.
- Adjusted operating earnings were $58.0 million, up from $53.4 million last year.
- Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization was $89.9 million, up from $83.2 million last year.
- GAAP net earnings were $18.4 million ($1.14 per diluted share), compared to a GAAP net loss of $2.3 million ($0.14 loss per diluted share).
- Free cash flow was $50.3 million; last year, it was negative $35.5 million.
- As of July 2, Nortek had $39.6 million of unrestricted cash and cash equivalents on its balance sheet, compared with $24.6 million on Dec. 31.
SSI will have comments from Nortek followings its conference call.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!