DMP Launches Improved VirtualKeypad Website With Added Features, Updated Interface
End users will be able to take care of home automation tasks from anywhere virtually, including arming alarm systems, lighting control and much more.
VirtualKeypad.com provides users with additional remote operation capabilities, allowing for them to take their keypad with them anywhere from across the country or across the room.
“VirtualKeypad.com browser version 2.0 allows residential and commercial customers to take greater control of their security system,” says DMP Executive Director of Marketing Mark Hillenburg. “The new user interface looks great and is easy to navigate. As we add more features in the coming weeks to the Virtual Keypad platform, Virtual Keypad Access will be the easiest to use and most cost effective access control solution we have ever offered.”
New features and updates to version 2.0 include:
- System Overview: With this update, users will be welcomed by their System Overview page after logging into the Virtual Keypad Browser. It features their main system components like Arming, History, Favorites, Doors, Thermostats, and Lights. System Overview is always accessible by clicking the system name at the top of the navigation menu.
- Navigation Bar: You can now find the browser’s navigation bar on the left side of the screen.
- Reports: With this update, users have the option to generate an excel document containing their system report information. Click Reports in the navigation menu, then click XLSX.
- Profile Management (XR150/XR550 Systems Only): Profile management is a new addition to the Virtual Keypad browser. The user can now manage their user’s profiles in one place. Users can add, edit, and delete profiles.
- Schedules: Schedules have been modified to simplify the process of adding times.
- Fully Responsive: Version 2.0 has a fully responsive design that is mobile friendly and will automatically adjust to any size browser, tablet, or smartphone.
In addition to these new features, users can enjoy the new elegant and intuitive interface to perform basic features such as arming/disarming, checking status, area arming and output control, according to the company.
Users can also control lights, thermostats, door locks, appliances, cameras and more. Editable features like user code management includes the option to add, delete or edit users and their authority in the system. Users can view up to six cameras and record clips, view live or view pre-recorded clips.
Check out a preview of the updated website in the video below.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!