IDIS to Place Emphasis on Retail Surveillance Solutions This Summer
IDIS’ Total Surveillance Solution, which consists of camera, recorder, VMS and analytics offerings, will be highlighted in demos, social media posts, education sessions and more throughout June.
COPELL, Texas — IDIS says it will spend the month of June highlighting the applications of the company’s Total Surveillance Solution for retail end-users of all sizes, as part of a post-20th anniversary program highlighting specific technologies and applications of the company’s end-to-end surveillance offerings.
The relevance and benefits of the full line of latest-generation IDIS technologies to the retail space will be featured in demonstrations, social media posts, available partner- and customer-education, and an appearance at the NRF PROTECT Loss Prevention Conference and Expo (booth 1621), in Dallas, according to the company.
Keith Drummond, senior director of IDIS America, says, “Far from being one size fits all, IDIS delivers a comprehensive, end-to-end solution that is modular, customizable, and scalable, able to build on both existing installations and meet new requirements, no matter how complicated. This makes the IDIS Total solution ideal to meet retailers’ current and future needs, from single, small store surveillance requirements to multi-state enterprise wide surveillance managements.”
Among the specific offerings the company will spotlight during its focus on retail solutions are:
- The IDIS 12MP Super Fisheye camera, said to be one of the most powerful and distortion free fisheye cameras on the market today, with award winning ease of use via the Smart UX 2.0 controls. The Super Fisheye supports dual side dewarping both on-board the camera and at the client-side with six dewarping modes, installation with DirectIP NVRs and a low total cost of ownership. Smart failover, true wide dynamic range (WDR) and IR illumination up to 15 meters round out the capabilities of the IDIS 12MP Super Fisheye. Along with the company’s 5MP Super Fisheye offering, IDIS provides (including vandal resistant options) multiple pathways for clear, hassle free and easy to use surveillance of large spaces.
- The IDIS DirectIP DR-1204P four-channel full HD recorder provides a complete and full-featured recording platform in a compact form factor for small retail spaces. It also features signature DirectIP ease of setup and installation along with a built-in four-channel PoE switch and support for 5MP cameras, H.265 with Intelligent Codec and up to 6TB of storage. Free video management software, apps and zero licensing costs further enhance the value of the DR-1204P for retail applications.
- For larger installations, the IDIS DirectIP 8300 Series H.265 4K NVR is an IDIS recorder that provides enterprise-level performance and security at an NVR cost. With a total incoming throughput of 900 Mbps the 8300 series supports 64 channels of 4K UHD video at 240ips or full HD video at 1920ips with up to 144TB of unparalleled storage capacity. All data is protected with available redundancy, including RAID 1, 5, and 10 support, and redundant power supply and NVR failover options.
- IDIS VA in the Box helps increase business intelligence with intuitive people counting, heatmap and queue management analytic reports and graphs. IDIS helps retail operations, particularly small and medium-sized retailers, make stronger business decisions based on your customer’s behaviors, needs, and demands in an affordable and easy-to-use way, according to the company. VA in the Box supports four directly connected IP cameras as well as IDIS DirectIP NVRs.
- The IDIS HDMI/VGA Video Encoder provides scalability and integration of data sources — such as individual register outputs and surveillance footage— for increased control and awareness. The HE-1101 is well-suited for an integrated monitoring environment, providing secure USB mouse and keyboard control of remote systems, while using the simplicity of DirectIP to send encoded video to a DirectIP NVR for recording. Support for H.265 (w and w/o Intelligent Codec), H.264 and M-JPEG codecs as well as DirectIP, IDIS and ONVIF protocols simplifies integration with existing installations.
Retail case studies can be found here. Earlier in the year, IDIS put the spotlight on its in-depth partner training and resources.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!
Leave a Reply