SIA New Product Showcase Awards Doled Out in Virtual Format
Leica Geosystems took the top honors in the annual NPS program, which recognizes innovative security products in partnership with ISC West.
SILVER SPRING, Md. — The Security Industry Association on Thursday announced the 2020 winners of the SIA New Product Showcase (NPS) Awards, the flagship awards program in partnership with ISC West recognizing innovative security products, services and solutions.
Top among the winners — who were recognized during a virtual awards show — was Leica Geosystems, part of Hexagon, receiving the 2020 Best New Product Award.
NPS program entries were reviewed by a panel of 30 judges with extensive industry experience. The judges, following significant deliberations, presented awards for technologies covering 23 product and service categories.
Leica Geosystems, part of Hexagon, received the Best New Product honor for its 3D Surveillance With Leica BLK247, submitted in the Emerging Technologies category.
The company bills the technology — a collection of reality capture, scanning and photogrammetry hardware and software — as “a first-of-its-kind reality capture sensor for building security and operations.”
The Judges’ Choice Award was presented to Suprema for the Airfob Patch product, submitted in the Access Control Devices & Peripherals Hardware – Wireless category.
“Airfob Patch is the world’s first mobile-to-RF-card signal translator, enabling mobile phones to communicate with the existing RF card readers,” according to a company statement. “Wire, batteries nor construction is required for installation. Airfob Patch charges itself by using the existing RF field signals transmitted from the RF reader. It transforms the RF fields into its own power source.”
Additionally, John Spooner, executive vice president at Alarm Detection Systems and an active volunteer judge in the SIA New Product Showcase program, received the New Product Showcase Merit Award. The honor recognizes an individual or company who, through their support of the New Product Showcase, demonstrates a commitment to the vision and mission of the program, contributes to its success and promotes the advancement of SIA and the security industry overall.
“SIA is proud to present John Spooner with the 2020 SIA New Product Showcase Merit Award; John has not missed a single SIA New Product Showcase event since he began as an active volunteer judge in the program 17 years ago,” says Chris Grniet, chair of the SIA New Product Showcase Committee. “He has always been a fair and honest participant and has never hesitated to jump in and help whenever we need him. He has been exemplary in his commitment, participation and ability to help the group reach consensus.”
The 2020 SIA New Product Showcase winners (along with five honorable mentions) are:
Best New Product Award
- Leica Geosystems, Part of Hexagon: 3D Surveillance With Leica BLK247
Judges’ Choice Award
- Suprema: Airfob Patch
New Product Showcase Merit Award
- John Spooner, executive vice president, Alarm Detection Systems
Access Control Devices & Peripherals Hardware – Wireless
- dormakaba: BEST Switch Tech
Access Control Software, Hardware, Devices & Peripherals – Wired
- Swiftlane: Swiftlane Access Control
- Altronix Corp.: Tango (Honorable Mention)
- Gibraltar Perimeter Security: G-1441 Ultra-Shallow Bollard
- IDEMIA: VisionPass
Commercial Monitoring Solutions
- IronYun: AI NVR Edge Analytics
Communications and Networking Solutions
- Axis Communications: AXIS C8210 Network Audio Amplifier
Convergence and Integration Solutions
- Blue Light: Blue Fusion
Design, Diagnostic and Installation Tools
- Alarm.com: On-Site Wrap Up
Emergency and Mass Communication Systems
- Verint: NowForce
- BioConnect: BioConnect’s Unified Mobile Access Solution
Environmental Monitoring Systems
- IPVideo Corp. HALO IoT Smart Sensor 2.0
- Kidde: Kidde Optica Smoke Detectors
Hosted Solutions/Managed Services
- SiteOwl: SiteOwl
Intrusion Detection and Prevention Solutions (Physical) – Wireless
- Alula: Slimline Touchpad
- Cartell: CW-SYS Wireless Driveway System (Honorable Mention)
Lock and Key Solutions
- Medeco: All Weather Padlock
- Abloy Oy: ABLOY BEAT (Honorable Mention)
Mobile Solutions (Connected)
- CloudScann: Visual Intelligence Control Center (VICC) With VisualC3 Mobile
- Rapid Response Monitoring: rapidSMS (Honorable Mention)
Smart Home Solutions
- Alarm.com/Building36: Smart Water Valve+Meter
Threat/Risk Management Software Applications
- Splan: SIVI – Splan Intelligent Visitor Insights
Video Surveillance Advanced Imaging Technologies
- Axis Communications: AXIS Live Privacy Shield
Video Surveillance Cameras (HD/Megapixel)
- Bosch Security and Safety Systems: MIC IP Ultra 7100i
- Hanwha Techwin: PNM-9085RQZ (Honorable Mention)
Video Surveillance Data Storage
- Dragonfruit AI: Dragonfruit LiveArchive
Video Surveillance Hardware and Accessories
- EIZO: FDF2711W-IP
Video Surveillance Management Systems
- Airship Industries: Airship EMS v5.4.5
In addition to the presentation of the overall and category-specific awards, attendees heard insights from New Product Showcase judges into innovations driving product advancements in the security industry.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!