Yale Assure Lock 2 Touch, Assure Lock 2 Plus Offer More Options
The latest locks from Yale Home provide homeowners a choice of ways to enter their homes and manage their smart locks.
Yale Home, a developer of smart home security solutions, has added two new smart locks to its Assure collection: The Yale Assure Lock 2 Touch and Yale Assure Lock 2 Plus.
These products are designed to deliver on Yale’s promise to expand its flagship product line with innovative products, including the brand’s first fingerprint smart lock, as well as its first smart lock to support Apple home keys. Both products are now available for purchase.
“We take pride in Yale’s legacy of offering high-quality security products that our customers have trusted for more than 183 years – and these new smart locks are no exception,” says Garrett Lovejoy, vice president of product, Yale and August U.S.
“With these additions to our best-selling Assure Lock 2 collection, we are delivering products that simplify access for the everyday household—whether through our new fingerprint-powered smart lock or our first-ever device that supports Apple home keys. With more ways to access and protect your home, you can come and go with peace of mind.”
Assure Lock 2 Products Complement Smart Home Lifestyles
Providing even more ways to go keyless, the Assure Lock 2 Touch is Yale’s first smart lock with a built-in fingerprint reader. The lock offers the ability to register up to 20 different fingerprints. Users simply place their finger on the Yale logo to lock and unlock the door, adding to the many other ways to access the home—from using the touchscreen or keypad, the Yale Access app includes options such as asking a voice assistant, leveraging Auto-Lock and Auto-Unlock, or sticking with a traditional key as a backup (with keyed models).
Yale Home emphasizes the Assure Lock 2 Plus supports Apple home keys allows users to tap to unlock the door using a compatible iPhone or Apple Watch for easy and secure access to their home. All other users that share the Apple Home app will have a home key added to their Wallet as well. Home keys can still be used on iPhone for hours after it needs to be charged with power reserve, and on Apple Watch with Low Power Mode.
Summarizing its latest access control products, Yale states the products offer these features:
- Simple guest access sharing, and 24/7 control and visibility in the Yale Access app
- Elegant and compact designs that blend seamlessly into any home aesthetic
- Bluetooth and Apple HomeKit compatibility
- Option to add a Yale Wi-Fi Smart Module for additional benefits, such as remote locking and unlocking, granting guest access from anywhere, and voice assistant control via third-party
- integrations with top smart home platforms including Amazon Alexa, Google Home and Apple Home
Helping the products to meet a range of smart home needs, while integrating into a range of residential environments, several versions of the locks are available that include:
- Assure Lock 2 Touch is available in a keyed or key-free model in three timeless finishes: black suede, oil-rubbed bronze and satin nickel.
- Bluetooth and Apple HomeKit-enabled for $199.99
- Bluetooth and Apple HomeKit-enabled with Yale Wi-Fi Smart Module for $279.99
- Assure Lock 2 Plus is available in a key-free model in black suede and satin nickel, with oil rubbed bronze coming soon.
- Bluetooth and Apple HomeKit-enabled for $209.99
- Bluetooth and Apple HomeKit-enabled with Yale Wi-Fi Smart Module for $289.99
- Yale Wi-Fi Smart Modules are also available to purchase as a standalone add-on for $79.99
This article originally appeared on SSI’s sister publication, CE Pro.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!