Security 101 Donates $130K Worth of Security Services and Products
Thirteen Security 101 offices are participating in the charitable program, with security equipment provided by Axis Communications and WESCO.
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Security 101, a leading national security systems integrator, announces the 13 winning non-profit organizations of its 7th Annual Gift of Security charitable program.
More than 32,825 online voters selected the winners, each of which will receive $10,000 worth of integrated security services and equipment from 13 participating Security 101 offices and product partners, Axis Communications and WESCO.
Each office enlisted local public officials and civic leaders to nominate three non-profit organizations that were submitted to the public vote. Each participating Security 101 office will hold an award ceremony in January with installation of the security systems to follow shortly.
Winners of the 2019 Gift of Security include:
- Austin, Texas – The Islamic Center of Pflugerville, founded in 2012 to provide a place of worship for the area’s Muslim community.
- Charlotte, N.C. – Gracious Hands Transitional House, a non-profit organization that serves homeless women with children in the Charlotte area.
- Cleveland – Dancing Wheels, an arts and disability organization, travels the globe advocating disability awareness while entertaining 30,000-50,000 people each year.
- Columbus, Ohio – Nightingale Montessori is a private school charted by the State of Ohio Board of Education for innovative programs for toddlers through high school.
- Dallas – Ability Connection provides comprehensive life changing care, training and support services to children and adults with physical and intellectual disabilities.
- Detroit – Detroit Hispanic Development Corp. annually creates life-changing opportunities for 5,000 youths and adults in the area’s Latino community.
- Hampton Roads, Va. – The Children’s Center provides children ages birth to five with early childhood education services.
- Orlando, Fla. – Samaritan Village provides a safe place where sexually trafficked women can heal from trauma and recover from addiction.
- Phoenix – Cancer Support Center Arizona’s goal is to ensure all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge and strengthened by community.
- Pittsburgh – Sisters Place is a supportive housing community committed to assisting single parent families who are homeless in Southwestern Penn.
- Richmond, Va. – Commonwealth Catholic Charities has worked to alleviate human suffering and restore, hope, dignity and opportunities to Virginians since 1923.
- Salt Lake City – The Family Support Center was established in response to a pressing need for short-term crisis and respite care for children at risk for abuse or neglect.
- San Diego – The Benjamin E. Jones Community Resource Center helps prevent homelessness through programs, education and job placement services.
Steve Crespo, Security 101’s CEO, says the Gift of Security provides needed security systems to deserving non-profit organizations at no cost to them.
“We’re so passionate about Gift of Security because we get to use our expertise to help nonprofit organizations that otherwise might not be able to afford protection,” he says. “Giving back and donating our time and resources is a huge part of the Security 101 mission and I’m proud to see this program continue to reach more lives each year.”
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!
Leave a Reply