SSI Hall Of Fame: 2004
- Started as software developer out of college
- In 1982, decided to write access control system with real database and graphics
- That program became Software House’s first CCURE product
- Became CEO of Software House, a supplier of integrated physical security management systems
- Software House later became unit of Tyco
- Recently co-founded S2 Security Corp.
Why He’s on the List
- More than 15 years’ experience in security industry and 10 years leading development of enterprise software products
- Responsible for making off-the-shelf integrated security systems
- Systems had capabilities previously available only for much more money to companies that had need but not budget
- Developed midrange and high end of integrated systems market
Comments & Reaction: “My hope is our current company, S2 Security Corp., will be just as innovative as we were at Software House in the early days, and that I’ll be remembered for putting integrated security on local and wide area networks. I’m pleased to be recognized, but more pleased to have been able to contribute to the growth of the industry as a whole.”
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!
Recommended For You
Cloud security can present a paradox: companies love the flexibility and versatility of cloud security management, but are unsure if the cloud itself is secure enough to house their vitally important systems.
From processing power to lens selection to proper positioning, here are 13 tips to help shed light on proper installation of cameras in low-light conditions.