Security Industry Calendar: Events Canceled or Postponed by Coronavirus
Due to the increasing number of cancelled or postponed industry events, SSI has created a quick list of each event affected by the coronavirus crisis.
With all the disruption to the 2020 industry calendar due to the coronavirus crisis, SSI created a quick list of events that have been cancelled, postponed or are taking place as originally scheduled or instead as a virtual event.
Also included are events geared for integrators that ply the pro A/V and consumer electronics (CE) industries. The list will be updated continually. (Send event notices to email@example.com.)
- Connections Connected Home Conference — Aug. 4-6
- International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) — Aug. 24–28
- Securing Federal Identity 2020 — Sept. 16-17
- Transport Security Conference — Sept. 28-30
Rescheduled as a virtual event:
- ISC West — Oct. 5-7 (Read more here.)
- Global Security Exchange (GSX) — Sept. 21-25. (Read more here.)
- CAA Palm Springs Convention — CAA hosted a virtual format of the event May 14-15.
- Security Industry Association GovSummit — SIA hosted a virtual format of the event June 2-3.
Postponed or Canceled:
- NFPA Conference & Expo — canceled (read more here.)
- Electronic Security Expo (ESX) — canceled (read more here.)
- PSA TEC — canceled (read more here.)
- Illinois School Safety Conference — postponed until the fall
- Pennsylvania Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (PBFAA) Expo — canceled
- NRF Protect — canceled
- Northeast Security Systems Contractors Expo
Proceeding as scheduled:
- Associated Locksmiths of America (ALOA) Convention — To be held in Kansas City, Mo. Classes, July 19-23; security expo, July 24-25.
PRO A/V & CE INDUSTRIES UPDATE
- E3: Electronic Entertainment Expo
- Home Technology Specialists of America (HTSA) Spring Conference
Rescheduled as a virtual event:
- AXPONA Audio Show — rescheduled from April 17-19 to August 7-9.
- Azione Unlimited Spring Extroversive Experience — The buying group Azione Unlimited postponed its conference in Bonita Springs, Fla. until July 1-3.
- CEDIA Tech Summits (Calif. and Texas) —CEDIA has called off Tech Summits scheduled for Woodland Hills, Calif.; Irvine, Calif.; Dallas; and Houston. Read more here.
- DSE 2020: This year’s Digital Signage Expo has now been rescheduled for Sept. 15-18, with access to the exhibit hall Sept. 16-17. DSE 2020 will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center in South Hall Three.
- Fiber Connect 2020: The Fiber Broadband Association’s annual show has been postponed until Dec. 14-16, and will still take place at the Gaylord Opryland hotel in Nashville.
- LightFair 2020: The world’s largest architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference was scheduled for May 3-7 in Las Vegas and will now take place in late summer or early fall pending improved conditions, according to organizers.
- WELL Conference: The conference, presented by the International WELL Building Institute, the American Society of Interior Designers and Emerald, has been moved from March 29-April 1 to August 16-19 due to the coronavirus.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!