SIA Announces 2023 Securing New Ground Conference Program Lineup
Visa’s James P. O’Neill and NASDAQ’s Phil Mackintosh headline the speakers at the Security Industry Association’s 2023 executive conference.
SILVER SPRING, Md. – The Security Industry Association (SIA) has announced the 2023 schedule, speaker lineup and program for Securing New Ground, the security industry’s executive conference, scheduled for Oct. 17-18 at the InterContinental Times Square in New York City.
This year’s Securing New Ground conference “will shape industry trends and offer opportunities to engage with the leaders who are driving the future of security,” according to the SIA announcement.
The 2023 program “will explore the most current and cutting-edge issues, like emerging global threats and artificial intelligence (AI) in security; share chief information officer and chief information security officer perspectives on supply chain and access control; share investment insights for the security industry; and foster new connections through interactive sessions and dynamic roundtable discussions,” the announcement says.
“SIA is proud to present the 2023 conference lineup for Securing New Ground – a jam-packed program featuring the top security luminaries, innovators and pioneers and exploring the most pressing business and security topics in our industry,” says SIA Board of Directors Chair James Rothstein in the association announcement.
“SNG offers an unparalleled look at key trends in the business of security and the potential of this global industry, as well as the opportunity to form meaningful connections with other visionary leaders,” he says.
Inside the 2023 Securing New Ground Schedule
Highlights of the 2023 SNG program include:
- A Day 1 keynote presentation from James P. O’Neill, senior vice president and head of global security at Visa, about his strategies for Visa’s global physical and personnel security
- A Day 2 keynote address from Phil Mackintosh, chief economist and senior vice president at Nasdaq, about how market conditions and financial indicators will impact the U.S. and global economies
- Executive conversations with Lucas Boselli, executive vice president and head of Americas at ASSA ABLOY; Bill Geary, executive vice president and general manager, communications at security solutions at Wesco; Bjorn Lidefelt, executive vice president and head at HID Global; George Oliver, chairman and CEO and Johnson Controls; and Pierre Racz, CEO of Genetec
- The return of the popular “View From the Top” session on major trends and challenges in global security, featuring Dave Ilardi, senior vice president and president of the Americas at Allegion; Ray Mauritsson, CEO of Axis Communications; Nicole McDargh, vice president, safety and loss prevention at Domino’s; and Jeff Stanek, managing director, access solutions at Carrier Fire & Security
- A presentation on investment insights for the security industry, featuring Alper Cetingok, managing director and head of diversified industrials at Raymond James, and John Mack III, executive vice president at Imperial Capital
- A panel of corporate security leaders, including Brian Harrell, vice president at chief security officer at AVANGRID and former assistant secretary for infrastructure protection at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, who will be exploring challenges ranging from protecting critical infrastructure to protecting critical data
Additional session and conversation topics at SNG 2023 will include the following:
- The fast-moving global risk landscape and how industry executives are addressing major trends and challenges
- The meaningful impact of AI on security applications now and in the near future
- The future of the security integrator amid major industry upheavals and hiring challenges
- Predictions on the supply chain of security and other emerging pressures
- The latest industry investment insights, including perspectives on Wall Street, private equity and mergers and acquisitions
Securing New Ground is free for government security leaders and $100 for security practitioners, including security managers, chief security officers and security directors. Industry registration starts at $995.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!