Alarm.com Opens Smart Home Demo House for Partners, Consumers
The Alarm.com Demo House features a full suite of next-generation home automation technology for demonstration, including a smart security system.
Alarm.com says it created the Demo House as a new way to demonstrate the benefits of its smart home security to partners, consumers and the media.
The house features a full suite of next-generation home automation technology, including a smart security system with integrated energy management, video monitoring, access control, independent living and home automation solutions.
Connected devices in the home include a smart thermostat with remote temperature sensing, as well as locks, lights, video doorbells, garage door opener, shades, water control, voice assistants and more, according to the company.
All of the devices are intelligently connected through Alarm.com’s cloud platform and mobile apps for an integrated smart home experience.
“We know that consumers are excited about the possibilities of the smart home,” says Alison Slavin, co-founder and senior vice-president, Creation Lab, at Alarm.com. “To help educate and inform people, we turned a neighborhood bungalow into a state-of-the-art smart home. We created a realistic demonstration center that shows everything a smart home can do when it runs on a single platform like Alarm.com. From proactive smart home security with video monitoring and automated locks, to lights and shades controlled by voice and multi-device Scenes commands, you’ll find it here under one roof, controlled by one app.”
The Demo House will offer tours and briefings for journalists, bloggers, media influencers and industry analysts. It will also host Alarm.com’s service provider partners and hardware partner brands whose connected devices Alarm.com integrates into its solutions.
Below are the experiences Alarm.com says will be offered at the Demo House:
- Smart home security technology incorporates an array of wireless sensors, with always-on awareness to detect activity, proactively trigger other connected devices and alert the homeowner with smartphone notifications.
- Smart thermostat with remote temperature sensing; saves energy and enhances comfort by adapting to real-time activity data.
- A “smart front door” with voice-enabled doorbell camera and smart lock, enabling users to answer, unlock and re-lock the door remotely.
- Connected security cameras capable of capturing activity in HD resolution—day or night—and alerting the homeowner based on activity type and other system data.
- Integrated third-party smart devices from leading brands including Amazon Echo, Google Home and Apple TV—all able to control other devices and systems around home.
- Wellness: an independent living solution that monitors activity patterns, alerts loved ones or caregivers about dangerous situations, and offers detailed insights into quality of life.
- Smart business security: fully-integrated, commercial-grade connected devices that enable small and medium sized business owners to securely and efficiently manage their businesses from anywhere using Alarm.com.
Alarm.com also recently announced it will present an in-depth training event for its service provider partners Nov. 14-16 in Dallas.
Titled “PowerUp Conference,” the training program aims to provide participants with technical and operational skills, as well as sales expertise in the smart home and business security fields.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!